Defined terms are in bold. They are defined where they are introduced in ‘quotes’.
We are Cinegi Media Limited (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘Cinegi’, ‘company’) a company:
- registered in England and Wales under company number 5370952 with registered office is at 727-729 High Road, London, N12 0BP, United Kingdom and
- trading from Exchange at Somerset House, South Wing, Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA.
You are using some combination of:
- the website at http://cinegi.com (‘site’)
- the Cinegi player application (‘player’)
- our support service by phone and email (‘support’)
Together, these make up the Cinegi ‘service’ which enables people to book, pay for and report back on public screenings of filmed media in your own or someone else’s venue. By ‘public screenings’ we mean events at which filmed media is exhibited to an audience in a public place or to which members of the public are admitted.
We are bound by ‘data protection legislation’ by which we mean the Data Protection Act 1998 and any later legislation enacting, re-enacting, amending or consolidating this act.
Information we may hold about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Registration information including your address and organisations you work with
- Locations with whom you may have a relationship where you may put on screenings
- Details of programmes of films you are interested in screening – or that you have created on the site
- Details of public screening events you are putting on and the number of tickets sold and amount of money taken
- Details of how many times you have played and test played content within the player
- Information that you provide by contacting us with comments or specific requests, which may include your name, email address or other contact details
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access
- Information about IT systems you are using when you use our support.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
If your contact details change, please update them at http://cinegi.com/account_details.
How we will use your data
We will use information about you for the purposes of:
- providing you with the service
- managing and improving the service and the company
- reporting to organisations that fund us to demonstrate the impact of their funding
- protecting the filmed media content within the service and rights in it held by us and other rightsholders from unlawful use.
Any feedback you give us we can use in public communications. But we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you – unless we get your permission.
We would like to be able to send you emails to let you know about our latest content, suggested programmes – together with news about and enhancements to the service.
We are conducting an action research project – called ‘Cinegi Arts&Film’ – to test how a digital distribution service such as this can bring filmed arts and cultural content to new and wider audiences as a shared experience in non-traditional venues. It is supported by Arts Council England, in partnership with the British Film Institute.
It is a condition of the funding of the project that we conduct research with organisations and individuals using the service and people attending public screenings ('audiences'). We are working with the Audience Agency and Nesta (our ‘research partners’) to do this. Where you can, we would like you to help us and our research partners conduct that research.
More detail on the research we would like to do with you and your audiences, how we would like you to help and related guidance is available at http://cinegi.com/arts_and_film/research_guidance.
Where we will store your data
The information about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support or hosting services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Disclosure of your information
We will only share any of your personal information with law enforcement agencies or other organisations or individuals if we are obliged to by law or if this is required in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of rightsholders providing content to us or other users of the service).
We may disclose your personal information to organisations or individuals who provide services to us (to help us run the service or the company). When we do so they are required to act in accordance with our instructions and keep your personal information secure.
If we need to transfer your personal information to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK we will put a contract in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected.
When you give us information about another individual for business purposes, you do so on the basis that the other individual has agreed and has consented to the processing of his or her personal data and to the transfer of his or her information abroad and to your receiving on his or her behalf any data protection notices.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer by a website when you use it to collect standard internet log information and information about the behaviour of visitors to that website. They are also often used by many websites when you are logged into them to remember as you move between pages what you are in the middle of doing (eg shopping baskets, or what you were looking at).
We will use the information we collect as a result of you accepting a cookie from our site to track your use of the site and to compile reports on the use of the site overall by all visitors.
You can set up your browser not to accept cookies – and the websites above tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, if you do this, many features of the site once you are logged in – like booking screenings or creating programmes – will not work properly.
Contacting us, access to your information and right of correction
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We have the right to make a small charge for this to cover our costs. To do this, send a cheque for £10 made payable to Cinegi Media Limited for the attention of the Data Protection Officer at our trading address above.
We want to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.